Howl's Moving Castle
The Cat in the Hat
Green Eggs and Ham
Hatchet
Matilda
The Magician's Nephew
Hamlet
The Lord of the Rings
The Importance of Being Earnest
The Complete Little House Nine-Book Set
The Once and Future King
Flame Of Recca, Volume 1 (Flame of Recca
The Return of the King
The Two Towers
Signet Classics The Inferno
Picture of Dorian Gray
The Book Thief
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Hangman's Daughter
Alice I Have Been
}

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Book #4: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

This is pretty standard Twilight fare. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but it was along the same lines as the main series. There were some interesting things about it, like getting to see how Victoria went about actually planning her revenge on Edward and Bella. And seeing things through the eyes of a non "vegetarian" vampire was cool too. I feel, however, like this was a bit of a missed opportunity.

It's a very short book as intended, but it could have easily been made longer. We start out in the middle of Bree's "short second life," and I think I would have preferred that we started out at her vampiric conception. Meyer describes in the main series how many of the characters became vampires, but I think it would have been worth it to actually feel it happening in a stream-of-conciousness style as it was happening instead of being told in retrospect. Perhaps it's just me.

Either way, it was pretty much what you expect from a book like this -- easy to read, slightly cheesy romance, and embarrassingly entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment