Howl's Moving Castle
The Cat in the Hat
Green Eggs and Ham
Hatchet
Matilda
The Magician's Nephew
Hamlet
The Lord of the Rings
The Importance of Being Earnest
The Complete Little House Nine-Book Set
The Once and Future King
Flame Of Recca, Volume 1 (Flame of Recca
The Return of the King
The Two Towers
Signet Classics The Inferno
Picture of Dorian Gray
The Book Thief
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Hangman's Daughter
Alice I Have Been
}

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Review: Rites of Passage


Rites of Passage
Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



HOLY. WOW. This book. I can't even. SO GOOD!

Okay, I got that out of my system! So let me first explain why I picked up this book in the first place. If you were a 90's kid like me, you probably remember the Disney Channel original movie Cadet Kelly. When I heard about this book on Epic Reads Tea Time, I was super excited because I loved that movie. Little did I know that I would love this more!

Sam McKenna is a straight up a$$-kicking girl. She's in military school with almost entirely boys and combating a whole lot of boys who don't want here there. I expected these things, but what I didn't expect at all was the intrigue that came with The Society. Parts of the book turn into a real action movie with a bit of a thriller thrown in.

My only complaint? It stops in a terrible spot! I mean, the main things get taken care of, but there were so many story threads left to complete!

I will now make it my personal mission to get Joy N. Hensley to write a sequel so I can continue on Sam's journey!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment