Howl's Moving Castle
The Cat in the Hat
Green Eggs and Ham
Hatchet
Matilda
The Magician's Nephew
Hamlet
The Lord of the Rings
The Importance of Being Earnest
The Complete Little House Nine-Book Set
The Once and Future King
Flame Of Recca, Volume 1 (Flame of Recca
The Return of the King
The Two Towers
Signet Classics The Inferno
Picture of Dorian Gray
The Book Thief
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Hangman's Daughter
Alice I Have Been
}

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Book #27: Style by Lauren Conrad

Confession time: I love Lauren Conrad and The Hills. I have watched them all (again) on Netflix recently, and I always love Lauren's look. Imagine my surprise when I was walking through Target and stumbled upon this book -- awesome! I'm a sucker for style/decorating books anyway, but this one was a bonus since it was also written by someone whose style I like and admire.

The book has sections for collecting basics, t-shirts and jeans, shoes, accessories, putting it all together, and hair and makeup. There are a couple of things I missed, but these are the ones I enjoyed the most. She gives a lot of tips on washing and caring for clothes throughout the book, such as "if you don't have the time or energy to take care of 'dry clean only' or 'hand wash only' clothes, don't buy them."

I thought this book was written in a very down-to-earth way for someone who has money coming out her ears. She could have spent the book encouraging you to buy designer, but she really just tells you to look for things you like of a quality that will last but that you can afford. She also tells you when it's worth it (or not) to lay down more money for something, like a classic basic, and when it's okay to buy something cheap, like tanks and tees to layer.

I was also a big fan of the makeup and hair sections because they taught me to do somethings with my makeup that I was always afraid to try, like fake lashes and liquid eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner may be my new best friend because it turns out I'm kind of awesome at using it! I still have yet to try the fake lashes, but I'm intrigued by the idea.

Anyway, you can tell I had a ton of fun reading this, and it was a nice break from all the fiction I've been reading lately. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment