Howl's Moving Castle
The Cat in the Hat
Green Eggs and Ham
Hatchet
Matilda
The Magician's Nephew
Hamlet
The Lord of the Rings
The Importance of Being Earnest
The Complete Little House Nine-Book Set
The Once and Future King
Flame Of Recca, Volume 1 (Flame of Recca
The Return of the King
The Two Towers
Signet Classics The Inferno
Picture of Dorian Gray
The Book Thief
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Hangman's Daughter
Alice I Have Been
}

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Books #14-#25 The Sookie Stackhouse Series

This is actually the reason I've been slacking on posting. A couple of my friends got me into reading this series by Charlaine Harris, and now I'm hooked. They're very easy to read and quick, and I felt like it would be much simpler and more effective if I just waited to write reviews of everything until I finished reading the 12 books that are currently available (I'm counting the collection of short stories as well). So, here goes...

Normally I'm not a reader of series books (at least not as an adult) because the character development feels so shallow and the plot monotonous. I was pleasantly surprised by these books. While the plots still aren't the deepest and the characters do change slowly throughout the series, I still like them! The plot is original, there's an ever-growing amount of supernatural races, and the love stories are constantly fluctuating. It's hard not to like the main character, Sookie Stackhouse. She's funny, she's tough, and she's also very real.

One thing I feel this series has for people who hate reading series books is the definite ending at the end of each volume. You can (and if you're like me, will want to) go straight into the next book, but if you don't, you're not left with a cliffhanger. Things do get reexplained quite often from book to book, but it seems to be a little less with each book, as I suppose Harris assumes that if you're on book 11, you've probably read and know a lot of the other books.

Overall, these are light books but incredibly fun reading. If you're looking for something easy to fill your summer, these are the books for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment